• Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies engineering, physics, and materials science principles to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. It is one of the oldest and broadest of the engineering disciplines.
• The mechanical engineering field requires an understanding of core areas including mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity.
• It is the branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of machinery.
• The field has continually evolved to incorporate advancements; today mechanical engineers are pursuing developments in such areas as composites, mechatronics, and nanotechnology.
• It also overlaps with aerospace engineering, metallurgical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, chemical engineering, industrial engineering, and other engineering disciplines to varying amounts.
• Mechanical engineers may also work in the field of biomedical engineering, specifically with biomechanics, transportphenomena, biomechatronics, bionanotechnology, and modelling of biological systems. See glossary of mechanical engineering.
The practical subjects of mechanical engineering include:-
• Basic workshop lab
• Special machines lab
• Lathe and drilling lab
• Thermal engineering lab
• Automobile engineering lab
• Foundry and welding lab
• Mechanical instrumentation lab
• Metrology and metallography lab
• Material testing lab
• Fluid mechanics lab
• Computer aided design and manufacturing lab
• Machine tool testing and maintenance lab
Scope - Higher Studies
Bachelor of engineering
Bachelor of technology
• Government job
• Private industries
◈ Texmo pump industries
◈ Aqua sub industries
◈ Pro – Mech industries
◈ Sakthi Auto Component
◈ Bannari amman sugar factory
◈ Yamaha, etc..,
GANDHI POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
Gandhi Kalvi Nagar, Sathy - Kovai NH Road, Vinnapalli, Sathyamangalam, Erode District, Tamilnadu, India.